Wednesday, July 23, 2014

So, the blog is up...which means I am finally free to write about this experience. I will start by saying thank you to all of you for supporting me! I haven't even gotten to England yet and I already feel like the journey is well underway. I can't tell you how excited I am for this experience. It has been something I have wanted to do since I was young and it just feels like the right time in my life to do it. I am so thankful to the ELCA and the Young Adults in Global Mission (YAGM) program for giving me this opportunity.

Over the next year I will be living in Streatham, England with Pastor Rob Powell and his wife at their vicarage next to the church (St. James). I will be working in the church,as well as in other churches in the community, with children,young adults, and a variety of other groups. I anticipate my blog being mostly about my experiences with the English culture and my faith journey through the St. James church community. Here's to a hopefully intriguing and entertaining blog.(that's free of spelling and grammatical errors as possible :D) Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to watch your incredible journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kaley! This is fantastic. I am so excited for you. I would love the opportunity to visit England. Your stay will be so much better; total submersion in their culture. Just remember to come back home afterwards. I will look forward to reading about your experiences on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have an awesome time!! Just remember, that when you do come back home, I have to beat you at cornhole!! LOL

    ReplyDelete