Friday, April 17, 2015

Happy belated Easter! I hope it was a time of good fellowship and remembrance. Things have been pretty busy for me since returning for Israel, which already seems years ago. I still recall bits of my trip every time I hear the gospels. It truly has left a lasting impression on my life. I also find myself feeling a twinge to go back and do my part in the future. My host Dad says he believes without a doubt I will be back someday. I hope he is right. 

Anyway, since returning home I went back to work then was off again to my second week at Cliff College with my fellow YAGM (pictures below). After that, we got started on our Easter holiday club with the theme of Narnia. It was a really fun week. We did three days from 10 to 12pm and the kids loved it. We talked about how Aslan was like Jesus in the way he sacrificed himself for Edmond. There were crafts, games, stories, dancing, bible verses and video clips from the movie complete with a guest appearance from the Professor! I was even chosen to be made into a lion....complete with shaving cream. 

Easter was a growing time for me also. Apart from being my first Easter after visiting the Holy Land, one of the highlights for me during the week was attending my first Passover meal on Maunday Thursday. For the meal, we went through a traditional Jewish Passover and learned more about what the last supper would have actually been like and the significance of this in Jesus' ministry. I really enjoyed it and would be interested in trying to do it again next year. On Good Friday I attended a service in the afternoon rather than the evening and a second reflective service the same afternoon on shadows of the cross in the old testament. Easter Sunday I got up bright and early to attend a small sunrise service on the local green then a 10:30 family service later. I was also able to skype with family and enjoy the sunny day along with a little bit of chocolate :). 

If all this wasn't enough, two days later I welcomed my Dad and step mom Karen here to the UK for ten days of sightseeing and much needed quality time. For now, things will be winding down for a bit as I finish my last course assignment for Cliff College towards the end of April and a regular work routine until the end of May for half term. I hope all of you are doing well and looking forward to the upcoming summer holiday. I know for me, these next few months will go by fast. I've had so many blessings the last eight months and know I still have many more to come in the final four. God Bless and Happy Spring!!!!
Climbing up the hills at Cliff College with my YAGM

a beautiful setting for some time in nature


Sitting in class learning about Mission

The egg toss team up in the hills on hiking day

Getting the decorations ready for Holiday Club

Decorating the Sanctuary with "snow" and trees



Narnia lamp post. Brilliant work by Carol Burt

Transforming the church into a Narnian winter

Snowflakes

Also preparing for Spring. Afterall, when Aslan comes to Narnia everything becomes new

Tada!! Narnia

The center area where the kids wait to go through the wardrobe 

The Wardrobe!

Walking through the coats to Narnia

Spring has come to Narnia





and a little cameo from the Easter bunny...(made my mwa)

Our lion themed craft one day

Torben and I after being made into "lions." The kids really enjoyed throwing cheese curls at our faces lol

The Maunday Thursday Passover meal


getting ready to have some traditional lamb with the "father" of the house/table cutting the meat. Friends Torben and David

the "mother" of the house/table was offered a head cover. Friends Paula and Natalie 
visiting Paris for a few days with Dad and Karen

So excited to have visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment