Friday, April 24, 2015

Hiya! Happy May everyone. I'm afraid I wrote this blog post in April and didn't realize I hadn't published it. So sorry! So it is in the context of the 24th of April....

I write this blog particularly excited because the next round of YAGM 2015-2016 volunteers have just been chosen this past weekend. I am just so happy for the amazing journeys these 79 volunteers are about to embark on in a short few months! I find myself being so stoked for them, as I was myself, on the weekend of my DIP. I have seen pictures and have read a few blogs from the volunteers who have just been chosen and have seen their thoughts and feelings about what they are about to get themselves into. It has just been a blessing to hear and see just how many people are willing to give a year of their life to God and whatever he has in store for them. It's so comforting when I hear their words, that there are so many people out there that think and feel like I do. It gives me hope and makes me realize I am forever a part of an amazing community that is ever growing with people who have been changed and are making changes in our world for God. It is definitely an instant love relationship with anyone who says they've been, are, or will be a YAGM. I already love the new 79 YAGM and I haven't even met them yet!

Hearing all these stories has helped me pause and do some reflecting of my own YAGM year and what it has meant for me. It is amazing to me how there are certain aspects of my faith that are so obvious to me now but weren't eight months ago. I know things about myself today, that I was clueless about at the start of this year. As I reflect, I still find it hard sometimes to put my feelings into words, as others seem to be able to do so naturally and wonderfully. But one thing I have found very helpful this year, something that has helped me connect to my feelings and really reveal to me just how powerful this year has been for me, is music. Throughout my YAGM year there have been certain songs that have guided me, awoken me, and have just provided the perfect words for the emotions I have been feeling this year. I realized instead of keeping them to myself, sharing them with you would be a good way to convey better the impact this year has had on me. Below is a list of songs that mean something to me and my YAGM year and what I have learned throughout. Please enjoy them. I hope you will find a connection with them as I have in my faith development.  


Mumford & Sons-Below My Feet

Carrie Underwood-Changed

Matt Redman-10,000 Reasons/Bless the Lord oh my Soul

Hillsong-Amazing Grace

Christina Perry-I Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment